ST ANNE’S IS AWARDED ITS OWN ARMORIAL BEARINGS

St Anne’s was awarded its own armorial bearings in 1957 by the College of Arms in London. Until this date, the school had been incorrectly using arms of the Diocese of Maritzburg granted to Bishop Macrorie. It was agreed that the shield could remain very similar to the one the school had been using in error but an entirely new crest was designed to accompany the shield. An original badge was also designed for the school.