All girls are exposed to and are able to participate in the Dramatic Arts, an important part of the holistic education St Anne’s offers. The Dramatic Arts provide an excellent opportunity for girls to develop confidence and self-esteem through creative, practical explorations, and for them to broaden their cultural horizons.
- We stage a major production every year, with auditions open to the whole school.
- We also collaborate in other school's productions (primarily with Michaelhouse).
- The Interhouse Theatre Festival provides a platform for all girls to audition to be in their House production. Led by the Grade 11 Dramatic Arts girls, this wonderful event makes for excellent leadership training and house bonding between the girls and results in a fantastic theatre programme.
Past major productions at St Anne's:2019 This is Me, A Tribute to Musicals 2018 Metamorphosis by Steven Berkoff 2017 Penelope, a Dance Theatre Production, inspired by Margaret Atwood’s The Penelopiad. 2016 Curl Up and Dye by Sue Pam-Grant 2015 Love, Crime and Johannesburg by Junction Avenue Theatre Company 2014 Blood Wedding by Federico Garcia Lorca 2013 Lysistrata by Aristophanes
- The St Anne’s Dance Theatre Company performs on the annual FUNK programme produced by St Anne's - an inter-school dance programme performed at the Hexagon Theatre in Term 2.
- The St Anne’s Contemporary Dance Company is a training company that performs on the Experidance programme in Term 3.
Our Theatre Director lines up an exciting calendar of outside professional productions that the girls attend to broaden their cultural education.
Girls can apply to become Technical Monitors, where they are trained and work in the technical and backstage areas of theatre that interest them - such as lighting, sound, videography, stage management, make-up, costumes, and front-of-house.